No longer employed by NIDI; since 1 September 2020 appointed Professor of Interdisciplinary Social Science: Relations between groups and cultures at Utrecht University.
Prof. dr. M. (Marcel) Lubbers
- Geurts, N., Lubbers, M., Spierings, N. (2020), Structural position and relative deprivation among recent migrants: a longitudinal take on the integration paradox. Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies 46 (9): 1828-1848.
- Lubbers, M., Valk, H.A.G. de (2020), Demographic profile of Syrians in the Netherlands. In: Carlson, E., Williams, N. (eds.), Comparative demography of the Syrian diaspora: European and Middle Eastern destinations. European Studies of Population, Vol. 20, Cham: Springer, p. 261-280.
- Lubbers, M., Wachter, G.G. (2020), Diversiteit naar buitenlandse herkomst binnen homohuwelijken. Demos: bulletin over bevolking en samenleving 36 (5): 4-7.
- Zwan, R. van der, Tolsma, J., Lubbers, M. (2020), Under what conditions do ethnic minority candidates attract the ethnic minority vote? How neighbourhood and candidate characteristics affected ethnic affinity voting in the Dutch 2017 parliamentary elections. Political Geography 77 (March): 102098.
- Geurts, N., Lubbers, M. (2019), The role of country of origin engagement in second-language proficiency of recent migrants. Ethnic and Racial Studies 42 (16): 120-140.
- Glas, S., Spierings, N., Lubbers, M. (2019), How polities shape support for gender equality and religiosity’s impact in Arab Countries. European Sociological Review 35 (3): 299-315.
- Lubbers, M. (2019), What kind of nationalism sets the radical right and its electorate apart from the rest? Pride in the nation’s history as part of nationalist nostalgia. Nations and Nationalism 25 (2): 449–466.
- Lubbers, M., Gijsberts, M. (2019), Changes in self-rated health right after immigration: A panel study of economic, social, cultural, and emotional explanations of self-rated health among immigrants in the Netherlands. Frontiers in Sociology 4: 45.
- Lubbers, M., Renema, J. (2019), Immigranten en hun kennis van de Nederlandse verzorgingsstaat. Demos: bulletin over bevolking en samenleving 35 (2): 4-7.
- Renema, J., Meuleman, R., Lubbers, M. (2019), Immigrants’ Support for Welfare Spending and the Role of Perceived and Preferred Group’s Access to Welfare: A Comparative Study Among 10 Immigrant Groups in the Netherlands. International Journal of Public Opinion Research.