As of 1 October 2020 no longer employed at NIDI, but at Erasmus University/ODISSEI.
Dr. T. (Thomas) Emery
- Fadel, L. Emery, T. Gauthier, A.H. (2020), Current and future contributions of the Generations and Gender Programme to lifecourse research.Handbook on Demographic Change and the Lifecourse., Cheltenham: Edward Elgar Publishing, p. 57-68
- Djundeva, M. Dykstra, P.A. Emery, T. (2019), Family dynamics in China and Europe in the last half-century. Chinese Journal of Sociology 5 (2): 143-172
- Emery, T. Dykstra, P.A. Djundeva, M. (2019), Intergenerational co-residence during later life in Europe and China. Chinese Journal of Sociology 5 (2): 241-259
- Emery, T. Dykstra, P.A. Djundeva, M. (2019), Chinese parent-child relationships in later life in the context of social inequalities. Zeitschrift für Familienforschung 31 (1): 105-124
- Uccheddu, D. Gauthier, A.H. Steverink, N. Emery, T. (2019), Gender and Socioeconomic Inequalities in Health at Older Ages Across Different European Welfare Clusters: Evidence from SHARE Data, 2004–2015. European Sociological Review 35 (3): 346–362
- Uccheddu, D. Gauthier, A.H. Steverink, N. Emery, T. (2019), The pains and reliefs of the transitions into and out of spousal caregiving. A cross-national comparison of the health consequences of caregiving by gender. Social Science & Medicine 240: 112517
- Bártová, A. Emery, T. (2018), Measuring policy entitlements at the micro-level: maternity and parental leave in Europe. Community, Work and Family 21 (1): 33-52
- Djundeva, M. Emery, T. Dykstra, P.A. (2018), Parenthood and depression: is childlessness similar to sonlessness among Chinese seniors? Ageing and Society 38 (10): 2097-2121
- Emery, T. (2018), Support from Parents during young adults’ transition to adulthood. Generational Interdependencies: The Social Implications for Welfare . (Ed.) Beverley A. Searle. Wilmington, USA: Vernon Press, 2018. pp. 27-48.
- Gauthier, A.H. Cabaço, S.L.F. Emery, T. (2018), Generations and Gender Survey study profile. Longitudinal and Life Course Studies 9 (4)
- Zhang, J. Emery, T. Dykstra, P.A. (2018), Grandparenthood in China and Western Europe: An analysis of CHARLS and SHARE. Advances in Life Course Research
- Maineri, A. Scherpenzeel, A. Bristle, J. Pflüger, S.-M. Butt, S. Zins, S. Emery, T. 1 (2017), Evaluating the quality of sampling frames used in European cross-national surveys: SERISS Deliverable. SERISS, 2017. 19 p. (SERISS-Deliverable; 2.2).
- Scherpenzeel, A. Maineri, A. Bristle, J. Pflüger, S.-M. Mindorova, I. Pflüger, S.-M. Zins, S. Emery, T. 1 (2017), Report on the use of sampling frames in European studies: SERISS Deliverable. SERISS, 2017. 32 p. (SERISS-Deliverable; 2.1).
- Emery, T. (2016), Public and private financial assistance in Europe. European Societies 18 (1): 25-46
- Fokkema, T. Kveder, A. Hiekel, N. Emery, T. Liefbroer, A.C. (2016), Generations and Gender Programme Wave 1 data collection: An overview and assessment of sampling and fieldwork methods, weighting procedures, and cross-sectional representativeness. Demographic Research 34 (18): 499-524
- Gauthier, A.H. Emery, T. (2016), The Generations and Gender Programme. Past, present and future. Demos: bulletin over bevolking en samenleving 32 (7): 6
- Gauthier, A.H. Emery, T. Bartova, A. (2016), The labour market intentions and behaviour of stay-at-home mothers in Western and Eastern Europe. Advances in Life Course Research 30 (4): 1-15
- Emery, T. (2015), Het oudste kind gaat voor. Demos: bulletin over bevolking en samenleving 31 (9): 1-4
- Emery, T. Mudrazija, S. (2015), Measuring intergenerational financial support: Analysis of two cross-national surveys. Demographic Research 33 (33): 951-984
- Emery, T. (2014),Intergenerational Transfers in European Families. Doctoral dissertation.: University of Edinburgh
- Emery, T. (2013), Intergenerational transfers and European families: does the number of siblings matter? Demographic Research 29 (10): 247-274