As of May 2023 no longer employed at NIDI.
Dr. W.M.J. (Wanda) Van Hemelrijck
- Kagenaar E., Van Hemelrijck, W.M.J., Kunst, A.E., Janssen, F. (2022), Long-term trends in obesity prevalence by socio-economic group in five European countries and the USA: The relevance of the diffusion of innovations theory. Obesity Facts 15 (6): 753-761.
- Van Hemelrijck, W.M.J., Vandenheede, H., Cunningham, S.A. (2022), Diabetes management in the face of adversity: Experiences of asylum-seekers in Belgian reception centres. Diabetic Medicine 39 (4): e14742.
- Gadeyne, S., Rodriguez-Loureiro, L., Surkyn, J., Van Hemelrijck, W.M.J. et al. (2021), Are we really all in this together? The social patterning of mortality during the first wave of the COVID-19 pandemic in Belgium. International Journal for Equity in Health 20 (258).
- Van Hemelrijck, W.M.J. (2021),Cancer by migrant background in Belgium: A registry-based study on patterns and determinants. Doctoral dissertation. Groningen: University of Groningen, 275 p.
- Van Hemelrijck, W.M.J., Rosskamp, M., De Schutter, H., Verdoodt, F., Vanthomme, K. (2021), Cancer risk among individuals of migrant origin in Belgium during the 2000s – Evidence of migration as a ‘cancer risk transition’? Social Science & Medicine 269: 113591.
- Van Hemelrijck, W.M.J., Vandenheede, H., Valk, H.A.G. de (2021), Neighbourhood migrant composition and tobacco-related cancer mortality: A census-linked study among five origin groups in urban Belgium. Health & Place 68: 102514.
- Van Hemelrijck, W.M.J., De Schutter, H., Valk, H.A.G. de, Silversmit, G., Rosskamp, M., Vandenheede, H. (2020), Breast cancer by migrant background in Belgium: Lower risk, but worse survival in women of non-European origin. International Journal of Cancer 147 (2): 350-360.
- Van Hemelrijck, W.M.J., Suggs, L.S., Grossi, A.A., Schröder-Bäck, P., Czabanowska, K (2017), Breast cancer screening and migrants: Exploring targeted messages for Moroccan migrant women in Brussels. Ethnicity & Health 24 (8): 927-944.
- Van Hemelrijck, W.M.J., Valk, H.A.G. de, Vandenheede, H. (2017), Cancer mortality by migrant background in Belgium during the 2000s: Patterns and social determinants. Cancer Treatment and Research Communications 12: 19-24.
- Van Hemelrijck, W.M.J., Willaert, D., Gadeyne, S. (2016), The geographic pattern of Belgian mortality: Can socio-economic characteristics explain area differences? Archives of Public Health 74 (22).